We are thoroughly enjoying the weather that we’re getting this September here in the northeast…I guess this is how you Californians feel all year round! Sigh. Well, if you’re like me I just can’t stand the thought of parting with some of my key pieces that I wore all summer. To get a little more wear out of them, I’ve paired them with some great transition styles…let’s get started!
1. The Colored Capri – instead of the tank and sandals, opt for something a little warmer! Paired with chambray, a cozy sweater, colorful accessories and flats – you’ve got a great look for fall!
2. The LBD – lets get some more use out of this tank dress…it goes from summer party to work appropriate with a chunky sweater, tights and ankle boots. Muted accessories finish off this polished look for fall.
3. The Maxi Skirt – one of my go-to articles this summer! Again, lose the sandals and the easy, breezy top – here we paired it with a great autumn color, mustard. With a clean, white button down and gold accessories this becomes a must-have look for this season.
Happy fall shopping! Remember, it’s about your SHAPE, not your WEIGHT…dress for your body shape this season and watch and see how great you look and feel!
- Tagged Apt. 9X fashionX Loeffler RandallX polyvoreX Rag & Bone, Calvin Klein, coach, fall fashion, fall shopping, fashion style, Gap, j. crew, Kate Spade, Madewell, modesty, Monsoon, Rag & Bone, stella & dot, style, summer to fall, Thakoon, the gap, TOMS, Topshop, tory burch, transition, what to wear
Some of us shriek at the words “animal print” because our minds only go to a couple specific places – leopard and zebra…which, well lets face it, can seem old and played out at times. This fall, however, we are seeing many other animals stepping up and taking their rightful place on clothing, accessories, etc. It’s a bit refreshing to see horses, elephants and eagles -c’mon those leopards and zebras needed a bit of a break anyway. If you’re an animal lover, why not wear one on your sweater or accessorize your outfit with a great animal-inspired piece of jewelry? Need some inspiration?
Here are some of my wild picks for fall…I saw some of these on Pinterest, Real Simple and Etsy – they are oh so cute!
Wimberly Inc Enamel Bracelets at www.wimberlyinc.com $44 each
UK Style by French Connection Dress at sears.com $68
Tory Burch Sweater at toryburch.com $495 (SPLURGE option and very foxy!)
Peacock nail manicure opi.com approx. $20
Hand-painted Elephant TOMS Shoes at http://www.etsy.com/listing/76289242/elephant-toms-shoes $73
- Tagged animal print, animal-inspired, eagle, elephant, etsy, fox, French Connection, horse, leopard, OPI, pinterest, real simple, sears, TOMS, tory burch, wimberly, zebra